Thursday 22 September 2011

Chlorine is my perfume.


Today I went swimming with my 3 out of my 4 kids.... I found the entire experience exhausting!
I paid my $13.50 with a smile on my face, not knowing what was in store for me.
Then it all started........ WOW, it was a total nightmare. My whole vocabulary for the entire hour was oi, you, no. oi, you, no. I am sure I looked like the bad Mum of the pool.... I definitely felt like a terrible mum.
At the end of it all, getting the kids to take a shower to wash the horrible swimming pool smell away was a total disaster too, NO mummy NOOOOOOO water in my eyes.
Getting dried afterwards, now that is like torture. Shivering, dripping wet whilst you get your kids warm and dry first before yourself. Trying to spend as little time in the germ infested changing rooms. Shouting out, NO, GRACIE, DON"T SIT ON THE FLOOR, (believing the floor to be a petri dish of green bacterial monsters specifically waiting  for a 3 year old by the name of Gracie  to be their host)
And the end of this wonderfully crappy experience was me thinking that someone had stolen my bland and boring sandals. I searched high and low high and low, but no sandals. After 20 minutes of believing I would have to walk to my car barefoot,  shaking my fist to the imaginary thief of my sandals.....My friend who I was with found them, in the locker, on the top shelve..... Ahhhh yes, I remember now...... I put them there.... duh.....
Never again will I go swimming.....Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world......

4 kiddies, 12, 7, 3 and 7 months.... oh and a husband.....